Flush log to disk before sync

English Support for Syncovery on Windows.
a.devecerski

Flush log to disk before sync

Post by a.devecerski »

Hello everyone

I've encountered an odd issue and wondered if anyone else noticed/solved it.
Windows Server 2022, IAS (Routing and Remote Access) Logs are not being saved, by the OS, at the moment of change but later "at its own convenience" (cannot determine exactly what triggers the eventual save and there is nothing in RRAS console to configure this). I need to sync these logs, from time to time, with alternate location, but as file date is not changed, Syncovery job reports "Nothing to do" and stops.
If I manually open the log, that triggers the datechange. Even if I just right-click on the log file and select Properties, log is flushed to the disk and can then be synced with Syncovery.
Is there some option in Syncovery job which could trigger this log flush to disk before actual sync?
Thanks

Regards

tobias

Re: Flush log to disk before sync

Post by tobias »

Hello,
that is an interesting question. Syncovery itself has a small buffer too, so that not all information is written to the log file immediately. But when a longer profile runs, the log file is permanently written to.

Theoretically Syncovery should be able to see the size difference. In that case, the radio buttons under "When Size Different" should be relevant. These are on the Comparison tab sheet in the profile. For a one-way sync, you have the choice between "Copy" and "Ignore". The default is "Copy".

There's also a checkmark under Files->More in the profile that may help. If you scroll down, you will find:

-> Always Consider Larger Files Newer (Ignore Timestamp)

Maybe this helps?

a.devecerski

Post by a.devecerski »

Hello Tobias

"When Size Different" was already on "Copy"
and "Always Consider Larger Files Newer (Ignore Timestamp)" is greyed out-
I tried "Always Append Smaller Destination Files (Use For Log Files Only)", sounded appropriate, but it's not doing the job.
This is not important, just thought to ask here.
Thank you

Regards

tobias

Post by tobias »

Hello,
another way might be to force the copying every time, regardless of change.

Under Comparison->More, you could choose:
-> Always copy, even if timestamp unchanged

a.devecerski

Post by a.devecerski »

"Always copy, even if timestamp unchanged" seems to be the solution.
Thank you Tobias

Regards